Saturday, April 28, 2018

Forgot Again About The Rail Road Tracks

Actually I remembered these tracks rather well after destroying my self crossing them a few years back. Thursday i slowed down to cross the dam things on my road bike and even with the slower speed my from wheel got sucked up and I found myself cussing as I lay in the street. For some unknown
reason I was wearing a helmet and gloves. Here in San Pedro around the harbor there are lots of old no longer used rail road tracks. One would think at an advanced age one could remember these things at various locations especially when there is dirt or sand there also. Some of us never learn but road rash is a true badge of a warrior.
Currently I have two road bikes, one frame is only a few years old and I bought it on E-Bay after cracking my Carbon Frame. Just took the components off the cracked frame and put them on the newer one. My other road bike is a Bob Jackson I purchased in Santa Monica at the first Super Go. That was the first year of Dura-Ace and I still have all the OEM hardware in mint condition.
Riding along the coast here is really nice is the sun is warm and the wind is not blowing. The wind here does like to blow and even riding to the store going uphill into the wind can be a chore. 
My mentioning of these Lime Green earlier in another blog suggests that these could be good or evil. In the picture above you see where someone has thrown a bike over a fence. Two days later it was gone which would indicate that they track these things. This morning while walking the two dogs I saw a homeless person riding one of the Lime bikes with his plastic bags of cans and bottles going through the dumpster in search of more money for cigarettes 
Whites Point
Tried riding hills on my road bike and often the rear cog isn't big enough. Either I have gotten older and slower (which I doubt) or the hills have grown steeper due to something from global warming.
Yesterday my neighbor came and told me there was this unusual bird on our dock. He had never seen one like this before. The bird shown above is a Black-Crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax). I see them in the trees around Ports of Call and also around the Plaza south
Gotta to love these terns
of here.
Riding a bike has its advantages over walking the dogs though at one time I tried riding my tricycle with the German Shepherd pulling and Lucky the Yorkie sitting in the back carrier.
Punk Rockers






No comments: