Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Trying To Remember What I forgot

Playing Superlotto Plus cost me $5.00 and after the purchase the ticket goes into my wallet where it gets lost in time. Bought a ticket last Friday at local market and here it is Tuesday and I finally remembered it. Probably would have been better to leave it n wallet as the numbers were not winners.
Yesterday I rode my road bike and of course I had forgot the left hand shifter (STI) doesn't like to drop from the top ring to the lower one but I ride the small ring most of the time anyway. Also need to buy a spare tube and a new butt. 

To ride I had to find my bib shorts,pump up the Michelins and of course shave my legs. Considering how old I am I must admit my legs look pretty good. Might have to buy a small backpack to carry a camera while riding as my little not so smart phone does not take great pictures. 

So this morning I took my Mini Sony Cam along with the dogs to try it again. You have to use these gadgets all the time or you will never push the right button. Two commands are "Play" and "Movie". That always confused me which is simple to do. I am thinking about  importing a New Caledonia Crow to help me with these puzzles. 
Cruise Chip in town
With the Sony this morning I got a nice movie of Happy barking at a squirrel he treed but my thumb is also in the shot. Then I then tried to shoot a Cooper Hawk on a branch but could not find the bird in the viewfinder. Where is my smart crow when I need him.
The Corvus family is good at remembering faces so maybe I could get one that remembers instructions too. After a couple of miles walking I put the two dogs in the Nissan and returned the Sony to the boat and got a Nikon. Though I was only gone for a few minutes Lucky was pawing on the drivers window waiting to get out and walk some more.
Lots of Mocking Birds in the park today and darting ground swallows. I don't rush the dogs and they have plenty of time to smell around.
Blocking the sidewalk
There has to be some Pros and Cons about these Lime Green bikes. Now what if a person in a wheelchair or a walker wanted to use the sidewalk? There are lots of dumpsters and trash cans around the harbor and an regular army of people who pick through the trash for bottles and cans, One very old grandmother walks around using her crane or walker collecting. She really has to struggle to go up the hill on 22nd Street. Yesterday she was standing in from of the Vons waiting in front o pickup discarded plastic water bottles. I always smile and say hello to her but never give her any money as she might have a Porsche in her garage (I don't have a Porsche or garage anymore). There are two regular dumpster divers here that drive Prius. They arrive in their hybrid get out and walk the marinas carrying a bag collecting bottles and cans.

No comments: