Sunday, April 15, 2018

Trying Again

The WiFi at the marina kept getting worse and stunk. The provider (Beacon) was fired and another vendor was hired. That was in November last year. The new service wasn't any better so I went to AT&T and got a landline with DSL and a modem. The speed was no where near the speeds offered and the reason given was the old dock wiring. The DSL is slow but it doesn't drop out or disappear.

Then my Samsung phone got smashed when my German Shepherd knocked me over. A visit to the AT&T store resulted in my canceling leaving me without a phone.
Happy posing

People had been telling me about free phones and they said go to the 99 Cent Store and get a free phone. (Sure)... I did and though the phone is not an IPhone or Galaxy it does work and the carrier is free (FREE).

For Sale

In the period between smashing my phone and getting another one I used my Tablet or Laptop for connecting but the problem there is the inability to text messages.

Yesterday I put my track bike on Craigslist for sale. The text notifications started beeping within a few minutes. Wow, I thought that was too quick. And it was. I had not seen this crap before but then again I have not been selling lately on Craigslist.

These so called buyers didn't care about the bike only If it was still available. Offers included courier pickup,  Instant cash into my PayPal account starting requirement was my E-Mail address. Since I have not fallen off a turnip truck recently I balked at giving the so-called buyer (fucking assholes) any more info. These scams kept on coming one with an offer of an extra $50.00 bonus.

In hopes of slowing this crap I added info to my posting saying "Cash only pickup local only"

No comments: