Sunday, April 15, 2018

Zen and the Art of Forgetting

Books will jump off the shelves in your local library if you would go there. Try it, not book jumping but libraries and say out loud "Zen", The Do it yourself folks will say this is the way? Way where I am not sure. Myself starting fucking around with the keyboard again. Today I looked back via my personal history channel to look at some of my old blogs and as my unclear smoke filled nerve endings are not firing somehow I was remembering the days when we sailed on a Coal Ship to New Castle. Captain Cook was from Yorkshire just like my Midshipmen named "Lucky". And the air at sea was sooty somewhat similar to the air here when a fruit ship from South America docks near by smoking 24/7.

 With the current state of data storage and the ability to take and capture pixels in the dark, on a cliff or under the sea I myself have a hell of a time keeping track of all my pictures.

Most of these kids today that have those funny on-line names probably don't remember sticking film in the camera. So I forget things and getting good at that, like a Gold Star next to your name. The brain that sits on some heads the experts always claim to have these Billion and Billion of connections. Could this neuron complex connections handle all my sensory input ?

So am I forgetting things, which is normal or am I over  overwhelmed. 



                                        I just did a search on my laptop and came up with zero in the search for old dog pictures. Then I realized that those files were on my other laptop. So here is another experience where something is there but it isn't. That is the way my bank account works.

Zen is a trick word just like a price that says Free"
I am sure there is a book "Guide to Zen through Bird Watching" Some where I must have tread about the mind cleansing of Zen but I seem to have lost it. Where? Then one morning I woke up before the dogs and decided that I would become a Bird Geek.
have much better pics
Happy my GSD learned to chase and bark at prey as a puppy so when I go looking about to take bird pictures with my camera I take me two furries with me.
This makes it hard to photograph birds and control the two shit heads.
 What is beyond normal is that since I have become a bird geek I often find other folks that have big lenses on their Canons or Nikon. Yesterday I found a fellow named "Monty" armed with a penis envy camera lens. Monty knew his birds, hawks and shorebirds. 


I have learned the names of several birds I have seen but sometimes it is hard with small Wrens or Sparrows what is what.

Trying to capture a swallow in flight was is not easy and the one above is not very clear
The dog so called Happy now is a champion charger and loves to chase the darting ground swallows.

Well, my neighbor from South Carolina (he has a boat here) was saying "Well" and I replied, That is a deep subject". He thought for a minute about my remark, then we continue to talk about birds in South Carolina and Hawks. The General is older than myself and his memory about the past is remarkable. He was telling me about his classmate that came from Aiken in South Carolina when they both attended West Point. 

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments: