Friday, December 14, 2018

Been Off Line

My Flat Tire Special
My German Shepherd likes to go out early in the morning when it is still dark. There isn't any daylight savings here in Arizona and when we go out it is very dark unless we have a bright moon.

During the day he is allowed to roam around but not in the dark. There are coyotes here and I often see them by the house and in the County Road. The little Yorkie can not go out as he would be a tasty meal so we always he an eye on him.

Using blogger with a slow internet connection can be problematic as unless the files size is small enough and has been resized the upload takes a day or two. So for now no more pictures. The air outside when we go out is about 25 degrees. I am not to used to that. The little dog stays inside until it warms up. 

My mailing address shows Sedona but main Sedona is about 10 miles away. The Village of Oak Creek is 2 miles away and many prefer to call this place Big Park. As I may have mentioned earlier this is not San Pedro by any means. Since August I have seen the sheriff's car twice here. 

My daughter's house and my smaller ranch house is located about a tenth of a mile from the County Road where the payment ends. It is not uncommon to walk to the mailbox and see someone who is lost having missed the turn on Jacks Canyon Road. Often you will see people out of their cars taking pictures of the buttes and mountains. Out county road is Lee Mountain Road and we are across from the mountain which is 6250 feet high while the house here sits at 4250 feet.

There is one market in the village that has been remodeling since I arrived. This week they had a grand opening and reduced prices through out the store. Some products here are lower than California and some are higher but the sales tax is much lower. Gas is much cheaper here. Might be four gas stations on the highway in the village Circle K sells liquor so you can fill up the gas tank and also get tanked,

I spend a lot of time changing tires on my 29 inch bike. Yesterday I put on a larger tire and a new slime tube. This is goat head country. If you have never seen these little devils you are very lucky. Beside being a pain in the bicycle tire they stick to your shoe bottoms and get carried into the house where they lie waiting for a stocking foot. 




No comments: