Sunday, December 16, 2018

Riding in the Backyard

where my pedal hits
I really don't like to load my bike into my Nissan to go bike riding. Because of the fences and property owners trail heads are two or three miles away so if I feel like riding I ride around the house. Usually my German Shepherd will follow along.
down the path
If I do a figure 8 around the house and out to the mailbox and back my Garmin shows a half mile trip.
I stopped recording the Garmin watch data and the Map My Ride junk as just too much clutter. My old lap time around the Rose Bowl course got flushed.
up the path
The house is on a flat plot but when viewed it appears somewhat crooked. There is a fenced garden below the house and riding off the slope is not a problem but riding back up is so I dug a path on the slope. It is off camber which makes it more fun and not wide enough to stop the pedal from striking the bank. The Shepherd goes crazy when ever I try to shovel. He barks and attacks the shovel blade. So to do any digging he must be put back in the house. 
turning the corner
The ride around the garden fence requires some braking and balance and my balance is pretty shitty.
29 inch resting
Some of these pictures were taken by a Nikon and some from the handlebars with a CamPak Xtreme UHD4K. I bought that on Amazon for less that $50.00 and it actually works but using the MP4 requires reformating to load the video onto my Samsung. Reformating, resizing, reediting, retying a world of "re".
Court House Butte as seen from my
 trail
We go hiking (me and the two dogs) and we use the Nissan because the little Yorkie can walk that far without quitting and refusing to continue. The Yorkie is still a violent sort around other dogs but gets along well with my daughter's dog. 
Happy in the driveway
My cell phone is a total piece of shit and the screen is cracked but it is free. Not sure how long that will last as it was free in California and I ain't there.
in the creek
The POS phone only works if you are close to a tower and although I can see a cell tower in the distance my reception is pretty poor unless you wander around outside.
above creek
My son Dylan is on YouTube and has 60,000 subscribers and needs more cause his car just broke. If you believe in charity around Christmas time send him some money.
In the creek bed
How we communicate has changed as I learn things about my son Dylan from what it see on the tube or Gram. He once crashed at the Orange County Fair during a big jump contest and since he was in the hospital and they took his phone I learned about the crash by watching it on YouTube. Since I was on my sailboat in San Pedro I needed to find out what hospital he was in and started calling all the hospitals in OC.
Up hill towards mountain
For the record this has happened more than once (hospitals and crashing).
I keep my phone turned off as it does not work and the incoming call may not be good news.
Horse trail I ride

No comments: