Saturday, December 15, 2018

Another try with adding pictures

West Fireplace Lee Mountain in Distance


This time I am resizing all the pictures for the blog before writing and editing.
I try to ride one of my bicycles everyday here.
Fog during rain











Happy by bird feeder


In California I would not ride if it was cold and raining but sometimes you get caught while out. I prefer to ride when it is warm and hot weather is okay. October is nice as you have had plenty of time to get in shape. When we lived in Lake Forest (El Toro) you could ride mountains and trails or roads.

At our house on Shadyvale there was a trail right behind the house that led in several directions. You could ride to the beach or mountains.
Happy in the grass

Here in Arizona the County Road only goes west as we are at the end of the road. You can walk into the National Forest but you must go under a wired fence at the edge. Several times I have encountered neighbors protesting my walking or riding so for now I don't go that way. Keep Out and Private Property signs are everywhere. 
early riser
Outside one window by my writing and drawing desk I have a bird feeder and a bird bath. The first feeder was on a table and was constantly being knocked off so I built them higher using discarded bricks.
moon in yellow tree
Sun rises and sunsets can be very colorful but not always. I have three Nikons and take pictures almost everyday. If I go out without a camera hung from my neck I will usually miss a great picture. There are several Cardinals I have been trying to capture with the camera but they must know that and fly away. It is also difficult when you have a dog at your side.
stump rider
This morning I slept in past my early take the dog out at 5:30. For a while at that early time I was seeing a flashing light that was darting about in the sky over by Pine Valley which is on the other side of an Eastern ridge. I appeared to be some time of drone but my daughter said it might be an alien. There are vortexs and strange things in Sedona.
cloudy sky
Today I must take my cardboard from my EBay purchase to the recycling area behind the market.
This is where I see the drone
I bought some warmer tights for riding and wear them all the time. Most folks wear long pants but I am still stuck in "California Shorts year round". On Amazon I got a baseball hat with fur ear flaps to keep me warm.
Tree Top
When I first got into birding I would always search one of my birding books to find out the correct name and identification. Now I just take the pictures as I usually forget the names after a few days. I might have mentioned I forget everything after a few days.

No comments: