Monday, July 9, 2018

Virtual Address

Happy the Yorkie


I live on a sailboat. The sailboat is tied to a dock. The dock is anchored by a gangway to the shore and moves up and down with the springs and neaps tides. There are several marinas located in San Pedro, California and the one where I am has a street Address. It has a Street sign and recently after a year the city fixed the street lights.
Lucky during the heat wave

being such in essence or effect though not formally recognized or admitted 
  • virtualdictator
being on or simulated on a computer or computer network 
  • print or virtual books
 
  • avirtual keyboard
 : such as
a occurring or existing primarily online 
  • virtual shopping
b of, relating to, or existing within a virtual reality 
  • virtual tour
of, relating to, or using virtual memory
of, relating to, or being a hypothetical particle whose existence is inferred from indirect evidence 
  • virtual photons
 — compare real 3
I am not sure how my address became such. Years earlier (not sure as I forget important dates) I was corresponding with the Los Angeles and State of California and my letters kept coming backing as my address here in San Pedro was not legit.
Lucky the Yorkie asking for Ice
Today the Yorkie started barking as Rich (who says he is a surf God) came by the boat to asks if I had heard about a floating body. I had not, searched the Web but found nothing
today. He said he had heard about it from a friend that uses the App NextDoor. So I  tried to use the app again but as usual my address is not verifiable. So I went to their trouble shooting link and wasted an hour dealing with people who can't either type or read.
tent to block the sun
Rich the Surfer God just came by and said there was a floating body in the marina east of here and he personally talked to a security person. As one can observe my blogging often contains up to the minute reports.
The marina here asked liveaboards not to use the marina office as a mailing address so I got a post Office box at Fort Mac Arthur instead of the main post office in downtown San Pedro because it was then homeless center on Beacon Street.
So after I got my PO Box I filed a change of address with a forward from the marina to the PO. That forwarding is only good for one year. In January of this year I filed for additional coverage on my Kaiser insurance and because the form refused to allow a PO Box I used the marina address. 
Tongue out
Then three weeks ago Kaiser sent me three letters saying they were going to cancel my main plan because my address was not valid. I replied to all three then two weeks later received an invoice showing credit on the additional plan. I then drove to Kaiser member service and was told the additional coverage was cancelled because I didn't make any payments. I never received anything' Then after member services to the post office where I was explained after my forwarding had expired (one year) all mail to that address would be returned to sender. So Kaiser kept getting their invoice back marked "return to sender" but my account showed my other address of the PO Box which they failed to use.




During June I bought some batteries on Amazon which were never delivered (awaiting refund) and the seller suggested I search the local post office and seek out my carrier and try and find them.
Barbie
Not sure where my floating address will be next.

No comments: