Thursday, October 4, 2018

Raining in Arizona

Made the 504 mile drive from San Pedro to the Village of Oak Creek in Arizona.
The dogs and I live in a ranch house across from my daughter. We are in the mountains at 4250 feet and across from Lee Mountain at 6250.
My German Shepherd loves the place as he can roam around and he loves the creek below the house when it is dry. The rain came through and the creek had water in it but the dog is not fond of it.
I can ride my mountain bike in the creek when it is dry. Always thought of Arizona as being dry, hot desert but here close to Sedona it is not. Warm in the 80 and 90 but not triple digit.
There are several things we don't have here that was common place in San Pedro. My morning is not greeted with dumpster divers or homeless people wandering around the marina parking lot. The streets and bike pathways are not filled with broken glass, roofing nails and beer cans. No graffiti yet. Several bicycle shops in the village.
One problem is the goatheads and flat tires. 

Stay tuned.

No comments: