Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Trying Again

I started making postcards on my Epson printer. Having had some experience with computer printers I find it frustrating how complicated the new ones are.
Burro

Getting an image from a file is rather simple but sizing it on the postcard and getting the borders correct is not easy.
My German Shepherd

Both Avery and Epson have special paper for the post card application. To use the Avery template you have to create an account and download the template. To print the return address I use Word Pad and getting the print correct took a while.
Court House Butte

For printing the image I use Paint 3D by Microsoft that is part of the Windows 10 OS. My previous HP laptop had to be replaced because the disk space was too small to allow any upgrades. I bought a real nice used HP with a touch screen. With the touch screen you can post to Instagram directly.

I also purchased a large format Epson to print my photography. Ink jet supplies don't come cheap.
The pictures shown here are in monochrome as my latest Nikon has a b/w mode. And of course I had to buy another set of color filters.
Yucca

I go back several years with the Epson printer. When the first Epson arrived we would purchase in cash all the printers we good get our hands on then modify them and resell them. I also used to buy for cash all the first IBM PC and assembly them and resell them. 
Mail Boxes on Country Road

No comments: