Saturday, June 23, 2018

Every Day I Remember What I Forgot

A few days ago I started blogging and was writing along with the Blogger auto saving and in the process of adding a link something went wrong and all of my great stuff flushed into the 5th Dimension. I might have been grousing about the Homeless I encounter as the two dogs and I wander about the City of Angeles. I used think as a kid that I was born at The Queen of Angels Hospital but I was mistaken and since there wasn't any smart phones to turn to for answers I had to wait until I needed my Birth Certificate for the answer.


It seems a shame that the hospital where I was born is no longer around unless you need an off ramp on the 110 Freeway as if it was and I won the SuperLotto I could have a Bronze Plaque placed there.

Yesterday I was talking to a neighbor boat owner from the South Pasadena area and he said as so many people keep telling me about the homeless "they have to live somewhere".

There are 300 slips in our marina. I was living in South Pasadena at my daughters place and spending my weekends on my sailboat for about a year. On our dock there is a sailboat who's owner lives in Ohio and spends time with himself and wife at his daughter's house in South Pasadena. My neighbor across from me (who lives in Pasadena) has a cousin in South Pasadena not to far from the Traders Joe there and he has had several boats here. So that makes four that I know of from the same area with boats here. You may have never read Ripley's Believe It or Not in the Sunday Funny Papers as I did every weekend or owned a paper back that showed all the really weird stuff.

For someone not familiar with Los Angeles really south end (San Pedro) I live in a harbor and my PO Box is located in a Post Office on an Air Force Base (I don't make this shit up). So to pickup my mail I ride my bicycle south to the beach turn right past the Aquarium go up the hill and then back north to the Base Post office.

On the street going to Cabrillo Beach the city workers were cleaning out the weeds below the cliffs by the fort.  Jimmy our homeless camper who has been living there for a while might get roused again and I asked the workers if they were going to remove his camp ground but got no real answers.

This morning the dogs and I were walking through the small park that lies below the Fort when I saw Jimmy's head sticking up in the bushes. He had lived there before for quite a while until he was removed by three police units and three city truck crews,

This really pissed me off today because we walk there all the time as there is a family of Cooper Hawks that have a nest there right next to the Fort fence.


Happy my German Shepherd ate something that totally upset his GI tract. So for several nights we had late dog poop patrols. I turned to the magic drug "chicken Soup" and today he is much improved. Jewish Penicillin even works on German Dogs.









No comments: